CHANGES TO THE KISS N' RIDE AND PARKING LOT
Dear AJM Families,
We at Anne J. MacArthur feel that the physical safety and emotional well being of our students is our first priority. Since the beginning of the school year, we have begun to notice some extremely unsafe actions taking place in our parking lot during Kiss Ní Ride in the morning and after school.
As a result, as of tomorrow, we will be implementing some new routines in order to keep all of our staff, students and parents safe.
Changes to the Kiss Ní Ride:
- The Kiss Ní Ride will be closed to parents at 8:25 AM. After that time, parents are asked to park on the street and walk their child onto school property.
- We will be adding additional staff to the Kiss Ní Ride to ensure the safe transport of your children from the car to the blacktop. Parents SHOULD NOT be exiting their vehicle. Staff will ensure that children are exiting your vehicle safely and walking to the blacktop to meet their teachers.
- After school, the parking lot will ONLY be open to parents of Kindergarten students and their siblings.
- Parents will be able to gain permission to the parking lot by displaying their Kindergarten childís name card. Without this name card, you will not be able to gain entry to the parking lot nor pick up your Kindergarten child.
- Again, we ask that you not park or exit your vehicle to collect your child(ren). Simply drive along the Kiss Ní Ride lane to the parking lot doors and display your childís name card in your window. Staff will be present to accompany your child from the parking lot doors to your vehicle. Again, without this name card, you will not be able to pick up your child.
We understand that this may inconvenience some parents and we apologize in advance. However, with a student population of 1200+ students and a staff of almost 100 adults, we need to ensure that our parking lot remains safe at all times.
If you have any questions, please contact Kathy McArthur (Principal), Melissa McKenzie (Vice-Principal) or Gary Levante (Vice-Principal).
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.